Below are the convenience store clerk responsibilities for Quik-E cashier jobs in Lynchburg, Amherst, Appomattox, Concord, Forest, Madison Heights, and Rustburg, VA.
Convenience Store Clerk Responsibilities
- Greet customers in a friendly manner as they enter the store. Provide fast and efficient service. Thank the customer.
- Ring customer sales using an electronic cash register. Receive money, gives correct change. Refund cash for returned merchandise and/or exchanges merchandise.
- Assist with shift change by counting money in cash drawer at the beginning and end of a shift.
- Use special equipment to process specialty products, such as money orders, credit card purchases, checks and lottery sales and redemption’s.
- Check identification for restricted sales.
- Check and replenish stock on food service supplies such as cups, lids condiments, napkins, straws and stirrers.
- Cashier jobs include cleaning and sanitizing all equipment used for service or stocking food service products using the three sink method.
- Clean all areas, using proper cleaning procedures and materials, including (but not limited to) counter tops, microwaves, shelves, floors, windows, cooler doors, food service equipment, restrooms and parking lots.
- Clean and empty trash containers.
- Stock shelvesand cooler, rotate and front face stock. Remove all damages and out of code merchandise from the shelves. Price merchandise according to price book.
- Check in vendor deliveries as needed using company guidelines.
- Complete bad merchandise form.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned to accommodate store operational needs.
Clerk and Cashier Job Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication